A Scene from the Decades Today...

This song below always hits me in a special way. 

It played on my Alexa, out of the blue, touching my spirit with a very dear and close memory to my heart...

I felt the Presence of the Holy Spirit within me and as well, around me this morning as I listen and worshiped God.

I had to be 3 or even 4 years old at the time. It was such a good and clean, humble memory of my childhood before my mother and dad separated and divorced.

From what I remember on the weekend's, we would drive to my Aunt Helen and Uncle Robert's house on Haynesville Highway, on the Arkansas/Louisiana line.  

Presently, the small community is known as Dodge City.  The road beside the state-line is called Baileytown Rd.

On Sunday mornings, we would travel up the gravelroad at that time, to my great-grand parent's Bailey's house for Sunday lunch. 

Everyone called them Daddy Doc, and MaElla (Mills) Bailey. 

All the uncles and aunt's and cousins were there!  

Samuel Elmore and Ella Louise Bailey had 7 children, so the small house that was later rebuilt on that property was full when their son's and daughter's was grown and married.

I do not know why it sticks out in my memory to this day, it may have been around Christmas time!

I can still vividly remember walking into MaElla's house.

As you walked into the house, she had a picture of Jesus hanging on the wall to the left...I remember the kitchen had a long table, with a feast of food, MaElla had cooked for us all.

I especially remember her homemade biscuits were the talk of the family, for many years. I sure wish I had that recipe now.

There was a good family spirit among us there at that time for me as a small boy. spending the night at Aunt Helen's and then going to MaElla's was a highlight of the weekends, and I am sure for others too.

When I finally met them all again in 1985, after 15 years, it was awesome, it was as if none of the scenery had changed, nor the people that were dear to my heart, I reconnected with them. 

I  had hung on to that memory, it was all I had. It is still present to me this day, and brings a warmth and love to me within my heart, whenever that memory is triggered up.

That was an all time precious memory for me. Every time I heard this song played since the time i received salvation at the age of 18, triggered that sense of belonging all over again...

 Precious Memories

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"From Isolation to Community: A Jericho Epiphany at OCC"

Nothing is Wasted: One Community Church

Deep in Serve Mode